What The Float: Babes in Floatland (12/7/19)
West Hollywood, CA, USA
It's the holiday season at last. One last adventure to ring out 2019 with one last Floating Dance Party. We'll see you December 7th and 14th for Babes in Floatland, Megan Combes' debut at the head of the Float column, not to mention our last Float 'til at least March. Don't miss this one.
What The Float is a one-of-a-kind immersive dance party adventure. Explore Los Angeles in a synchronous groove odyssey. Simultaneously the city’s most private dance party and its most public spectacle. Dance where you've never dreamed of dancing before. It's all the best parts of dancing on your own or being part of a giant rave, with none of the downsides of either. It's FLOAT. Brand new adventures on the first Saturday of every month.
We'll meet at [TOP SECRET STARTING LOCATION TBA] starting at 8:00pm - no later than 8:30pm - for drinks and check-in, but from there we’ll explore the night and the city as the music inspires us, dancing through streets, plazas, parks, and more.
The music - mixed by mad float scientists - will be piped directly into your brains via our GLOWING HEADPHONES.
To everyone else, we'll seem completely silent. All of Los Angeles will become an endless surreal dancefloor, the mild-mannered will become fearless booty-shaking superstars, and the night will be ours. You will experience the streets of the city in entirely new ways. The power of the FLOAT will swell within you, and you’ll give yourself entirely to the dance in a way you never dreamed was possible.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GONNA DO:
1. Buy a ticket over at WhatTheFloat.com! Right now there's still some cheap tickets, but prices WILL rise.
2. RSVP YES, YESYESYES, or HELL YES. Pass the event on to EVERYONE you think deserves to be happy, at least for one night. Text your friends. Email them. Invite them on Facebook. Pester them face to face. This is the most important thing that will ever happen.
3. READY YOUR MINDS AND BODIES FOR THE EXPERIENCE. Please ready your minds and bodies responsibly. Stretch. Hydrate. Dress to move. WEAR COMFORTABLE MOTHERFLOATING SHOES so you can dance and run and jump and climb. This is not the time for cute heels or strappy sandals; you will regret them. Dress as fancy as you wanna. We’ll make you glow.
4. Meet us at [STARTING LOCATION] starting at 8:00pm for adult beverages and camaraderie! If you are late, you may, unfortunately, be left behind! We'll set you up with a pair of glowing headphones and prepare you for the coming odyssey.
5. At 9:00pm SHARP, we'll step outside, where the shared musical experience will swell within us, and the dance will lead us out into the night.
Visit www.WhatTheFloat.com for more info.
The fine print:
All tickets are nonrefundable. Tickets are transferable to a different night/event until one week before Float or in the case of a weather-related cancellation. We Float rain or shine. Float is an age 21+ event.
$15 Advance Ticket
$20 Advance Ticket
$25 Advance Ticket
$30 Advance Ticket
$35 Advance Ticket