Malvern Town Hall
1251-1257 High St, Malvern VIC 3144, Australia
The Mail Exchange Building was opened in 1917 as one of Australia's first examples of Classical Revival architecture, and designed by John Smith Murdock, who at the time was the Commonwealth Home Affairs Architect. Built to relieve the congestion at the nearby GPO, it brought Melbourne's postal system into the 20th century. 100 years on, it is now home to the Architectural studio of Buchan's Melbourne office, the Mail Exchange Hotel, Co-working space The Hub, and the Whitehouse Institute.
ACCESS: Limited mobility, all ages
Meeting Point: Level 1