CUTC Elevate 2017
OISE University of Toronto
252 Bloor St. W
Engineer, designer, entrepreneur, business ninja, hustler, tech fanatic?
SPEAKERS: Get up close with Canada's best in tech. Meet Silicon Valley in Toronto. Learn about the future of the industry
COMPETITIONS: Win big, learn bigger. $3000 up for grabs. Work with other awesome students. Stand out from the crowd.
TECH EXPO: Meet folks from Microsoft, Google, IBM, CGI, Intel, D+H, Kik, CSE and more! Land your dream internship.
MAKER FAIR: Demo your project/startup to the best pros in tech. Get mentors. Find your next founder.
FOOD: Catered meals, Soylent, Ice cream bar and more - we've got your hunger covered.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
A continuous zero-BS experience - 5 catered meals, $3000+ in cash prizes, and an after party of the year - all for only $40.
HEAR FROM THE BEST IN TECH
- Rob Cromwell (Co-founder & VP Engineering, Inkling) - Ben Kamens (Head of Engineering, Khan Academy) - Shyam Seth (Product Manager, Google) - Paul Leventis (Technical Manager, Google OnHub) - Matt Wallaert (Behavioural Scientist, Microsoft Ventures) - Tom Redman (Lead Mobile Engineer, Buffer) - Jean Piedboeuf (Director, Canadian Space Agency) - Raine Qian (Product Design Manager, Pivotal) - Jeremy Wang (Engineering Director, UofT Aerospace Team)
HEAR FROM THE BEST IN STARTUPS
- Ted Livingston (CEO, Kik) - Allen Lau (CEO, Wattpad) - Razor Suleman (Founder, Achievers) - Cathy Tie (CEO, Ranomics & 2015 Thiel Fellow) - Eva Wong (COO, Borrowell) - Alroy Almeida (Co-founder, Voltera) - Ian Burgess (CTO, Validere) - Dave Wilkin (CEO, Ten Thousand Coffees) - Steve Deckert (Co-founder, Sweet Tooth)
HEAR FROM THE BEST IN BUSINESS
- Martin Wildberger (VP Technology, RBC & ex-VP, IBM Labs) - Matt Roberts (Associate Director, BDC IT Venture Fund) - Jonathan Hackett (Principal, Boston Consulting Group) - Maria Hristova (Director of Development, Firmex)
$3000 in cash prizes up for grabs. Perform with the best, against the best, learn from the best mentors in town.
CGI Elevate Challenge -> Envision, Design, Prototype and Pitch your idea to disrupt & transform industries with tech.
LEARN ABOUT THE FUTURE OF TECH
-AI & Machine Learning
- VR / AR - Wearables - Robotics - Security - Biotechnology - Space Technology - Nanotechnology - Product Management - Product Design- Entrepreneurship
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
Best time of your life at a conference - guaranteed. Don't just take our word for it...
"I learned more during my 3 days here than I normally do in an entire month at school." Tim Wang, University of Waterloo
"CUTC has been mind intriguing, inspiring and entertaining." Li-Ling Chang, University of Western Ontario "The conference was an irreplaceable part of my own undergraduate experience." Jeremiah Wittevrongel, University of Calgary
"CUTC brings together yesterday’s knowledge, today’s technology and tomorrow’s leaders." Kristen Sam, University of British Columbia
"This was definitely an incredible experience to learn, get inspired, and make my ideas known." Jennifer Gluck, Queen’s University
"Absolutely amazing! One brilliant event after the next! An excellent value for my money." Jonathan Nori, University of Waterloo
WHAT SPEAKERS SAY
"It’s the most fun I‘ve had at a conference yet. I'll definitely be back again." Dr. Jim Mitchell (Fellow & VP of Sun Labs, Sun Microsystems)
"I was excited to speak about our latest technology with some of the smartest students in Canada. Microsoft is proud to be involved and contribute to this key technical conference." Sean Daniel (Program Manager, Microsoft)
"The CUTC conference is the kind of initiative that Canada needs if it is to become more competitive in the world technology marketplace. I strongly recommend any undergraduate in any discipline to get involved."Bob Young (Co-Founder, Red Hat)
"CUTC is a great example of science and technology students breaking out of their areas of specialization and learning about the larger issues. In that, it is an invaluable and rare opportunity." Bill Buxton (Principal Scientist, Microsoft Research)
TICKET SALE DEADLINES
- Early Bird Tickets for $40 ONLY 100 so get them quick! - Regular Tickets start at $50