Christian Young Professionals (20's to 40's) Silent Retreat 2022
Mount St. Francis Retreat Centre
41160 Retreat Rd, Cochrane, AB T4C 1W7, Canada
Seeking Wholeness and Holiness – Our Spiritual Journey
The last year has taught us many lessons and has given us the opportunity to look at what is essential in our lives. We recognize our interconnectedness to all of life. As we continue our spiritual journey, we reflect on what brings us wholeness; how are we invited to a greater depth of character and purpose. We journey into a renewed way of looking at the world and our place within it following Jesus as our model and guide.
LOCATION & TIME
Location: Mount St. Francis Retreat Center - 41160 Retreat Road, Cochrane AB
Date: Friday May 6, 2022 to Sunday May 8, 2022
Time: Check-in will be held on Friday May 6, 2022 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm with supper commencing at 7:00pm, followed by the first session. The retreat ends with lunch on Sunday May 8, 2022 at 1:00pm.
• We ask that if you are sick/feeling unwell (e.g. experiencing shortness of breath, fever, chills, runny nose, headache, painful swallowing, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, recent loss of sense of smell or taste, conjunctivitis/pinkeye) that you do not attend this event, or that you go home if you come down with any symptoms while on retreat.
• Mask use is optional. Individuals may choose to wear a mask for their own protection or the protection of others
• Proof of vaccination is not required
• The use of hand sanitizer is encouraged, especially at the self-serve refreshment counter, bookstore and library.
• The Retreat Centre will maintain their cleaning protocols on all hard surfaces.
Covid-19 Information/FAQs: https://mountstfrancis.ca/covid-19-faqs/
WHAT TO EXPECT
This weekend will give us the opportunity to unplug from day to day responsbilities and social media while connecting with God and fellowshipping with other believers. It will also include reflective talks by the facility's Spiritual Leaders, and short supports to guide you in your silent reflection/prayer/meditation time. The facility is surrounded by many acres of forestry allowing guests to explore a number of nature trails. There will be scheduled conferences followed by small group discussions which will allow the opportunity for fellowship with other attendees. There is also a Chapel on site and Mass will be celebrated for those that wish to participate. ***While this event is hosted at a Catholic facility, Christians of all denominations are invited to attend. You are welcome to arrive as early as 5:00 pm on Friday May 7th to get settled in. Check-in will be from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm and dinner begins promptly at 7:00 pm!
Each guest will have his/her own private room. Each room contains a bed, desk and chair, a sink and mirror. There are a number of shared washroom facilities containing showers & toilets throughout the facility. All bed linens and towels are supplied. Please bring any personal items and toiletries you may need. Dress for the weather, if you plan to spend some time outdoors, weather permitting. Please be mindful not to wear strong scents as some people are sensitive to perfumes.
*****If you would like to attend the retreat, but do not wish to stay overnight you are welcome to do so. Please notify us as soon as possible
All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and snacks are provided for the full retreat, although you are welcome to bring your own as well if you'd like. The facility grows its own produce and all meals are freshly prepared on site. Meals are served buffet style by Kitchen Staff.
WHAT TO BRING (not an inclusive list)
• Bible, books, devotionals, etc
• journal and pen
• Fee payment (credit card and debit payments will be accepted)
• personal toiletries
• comfy clothing, sweater, shawl, etc
• slippers to wear inside the Center
• weather appropriate outdoor footwear – walking/hiking footwear (if exploring nature trails), winter boots, etc
• weather appropriate outdoor clothing – hat, scarf, gloves/mittens, jacket, etc
The suggested amount is $195. An income tax receipt will be issued for donations of $20 or more above that amount. PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE CENTER & MORE INFO WILL BE PROVIDED AT THAT TIME. Please note that no one is turned away because of a lack of finances. You are invited to pay what you can afford. You are also invited to offer more if able and feel moved to do so.
YOUR RETREAT CAPTAINS
As your retreat Captains we are here to answer any questions you may have leading up to our retreat. We will be in touch closer to the date our retreat, however in the meantime, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org should any questions or concerns arise. We look forward to seeing you on May 6, 2022!
Nakasha, Chika, Carlos
This listing has no upcoming events
2022 CYP Silent Retreat Registration