BPI Training - WEBINAR - Inside the Label: Building A Record Company
This event will be a live streaming webinar. You will be sent details of how to login shortly before the event.
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS FOR BPI MEMBERS ONLY
This session - led by CMU MD and Business Editor Chris Cooke - delves into the inner workings of the record label, whether that’s an individual artist’s own label, an independent large or small, or a major record company. It looks at the role labels - and each department within the label - play in developing new talent, building artist brands, and distributing and marketing new music. It also offers advice on setting up and growing a record company.
Topics covered include:
• Where the record label fits in to the wider music business.
• Key activities - including: A&R, marketing, PR, promotions, distribution, licensing.
• Artist deals and relationships.
• Kinds of labels - including: big v small, major v indie, artist-led labels.
• Building a label team and choosing suppliers.
• Label formalities and funding options. .
This session is hosted by CMU.