Bangers4Ben 2022 - Bangers does Bond
Dover Ferry Port
Marine Parade, Dover, CT16 1JA
18 June 2022 - PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE CURRENTLY OVERSUBSCRIBED FOR THE 2022 EVENT. ANY APPLICATIONS AFTER THIS DATE WILL GO ONTO OUR WAITLIST - SORRY
What is Bangers4Ben?
If Bangers4Ben is new to you, put simply it is a car rally, but a rally with a difference! and the rules are simple;
· pay the entry fee of £750 + VAT
· buy a car for less than £750
· paint, decal, enhance said car
· raise as much as you can for Ben, the automotive industry charity www.ben.org.uk/
· select fancy dress
· AND, having completed the rally, we sell the car at auction to raise money for Ben.
How much is it and what does it include?
· Entry is £750 + VAT per car (thats only £375 per person) with driver and co-driver; this covers twin room accommodation, breakfast and evening meal each day and AA roadside assistance, plus your ferry from England to France (and back!!).
· You can then spend up to £750 on your vehicle (trusty steed) which you will hand over and we will auction at the end of the event, with all the proceeds from the sale donated Ben. There is no limit on what you spend on "enhancing" your car. That's entirely up to you !
What's the Route:
This year we're back off to Europe with a 1575 mile journey to Monaco via the south of france coast road and a trip up into the Alps for a drive you won’t forget.
Day 1 – Saturday, 8th October 2022 – 473 miles
Early morning we'll meet in Calais, where we all head to Lyon on the Autoroute for our first overnight stay. Along the way there will be meeting points, treasure hunts and a chance for everyone to regroup and to grab a coffee and a bite to eat.
Day 2 – Sunday, 9th October 2022 – 366 miles
We start the morning of on the Autroute to Marseille, it's then onto the coast road heading to Monaco, where we will pass through some of the most amazing places the French Riviera has to offer including Toulon with it's Naval history, Cannes home of the International film festival, Nice capital of the French Riviera and finaly Monaco the home of the rich and famous, the most prestigious F1 race AND Casino Roryale of course! Once everyone has had a chance to cruise around town, its back toward Nice for our overnight stop.
Day 3 – Monday, 10th October 2022 – 233 miles
Time to start heading back up North to Grenoble for our overnight stop, but it would be rude not to take the scenic route, so it's into the Alps for spectacular views and winding roads, including the Gorges du Verdon nick named the ‘Grand Canyon of Europe’ making it a drive you wouldn’t want to miss.
Day 4 – Tuesday, 11th October 2022 – 540 miles
Time for home, so it back on the Autoroute to Calais to catch our ferry back to Blighty.
Register your interest for team entry