Wind Turbine Workshop
10 Dufferin St, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3, Canada
Do you want to learn about how wind turbine works? What it is like to build your own mini wind turbine? Would you like to take your own wind turbine model home, and share your knowledge with friends and family?
Now it is your time to get hands-on experience! Join RESET Canada and Relay Education in this workshop to explore renewable energy and experience the fun!
Wind Turbine Workshop with RESET Canada and Relay Education
Date and time: 10am - 12pm, Saturday June 16th 2018
Location: 10 Dufferin St. Toronto ( look north of Centennial Square to the colourful buildings. Our space will be the Pizza Nova Building.)
All participants get to take their mini wind turbines home!!!
• Overview of renewables and energy in Canada (30-45 mins)
• Tour of the Windshare turbine near Toronto harbourfront
• Mini Wind Turbine making workshop (1 hour)
Working in small groups, participants will conduct experiments using wind technology to discover:
1. What set-up (number/kinds/sizes) of blades is best for optimal performance
2. How wind energy works
3. What electronics will/will not function using wind energy
4. Putting together your own makeshift mini wind turbines in a friendly competition, to see who can create more electricity!
5. All participants get to take home their mini wind turbines!
Seats are limited: only 30 spots available. Save your spots now!
Early bird: $35 before June 6th 2018 General Admission:$40
(material fees are included in the price)
To register, please go here:
Toronto Renewable Energy Network
(a group by RESET Canada) resetcan.org
Workshop Content Provider: Relay Education
Sample image of mini wind turbine, the actual one may be different.