Jakarta EE Development with Payara Micro
Im Gewerbepark 29
Im Gewerbepark 29, 92681 Erbendorf, Deutschland
In this 4-hour online course, you get the basics of developing Jakarta EE Web applications providing REST endpoints with JSON payloads with Payara Micro.
This workshop will provide an introduction to Payara Micro and how to use it to create a Jakarta EE application.
It covers a basic overview of what Jakarta EE is and its history.
A detailed guide using Jakarta EE 8/10, will then be given on using CDI, JAX-RS, and JPA for reading and writing data from the database. This will include a discussion on how to do integration testing with Docker. In addition, we will look at configuring the application and deploying it onto a container.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to get an overview of developing a Jakarta EE application with Payara Micro.
- Java developers
- Software architects
- Java trainers
- Technical consultants and sales engineers
- Fundamental knowledge of Java
- Proficiency in using a Java IDE such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, or Netbeans
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Git
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Payara Micro versions and supported standards
- Jakarta EE overview and a short history
- CDI Introduction
- JAX-RS basics
- JPA introduction
- Configuration of the application
- Integration Testing
- Deploying applications
- Using the CDI integration of MicroStream