Former Prahran Police Station and Court House
170 Greville St, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia
In 1886, a new police station and courthouse were erected on the land adjacent to the Prahran Town Hall, on the southeast corner of Greville Street and Macquarie Street. The Gothic Revival Style building features a basalt plinth, Barrabool sandstone trimmed with Waurn Pond limestone, and a slate roof with elaborate cast-iron cresting. The old courthouse then became the Council Chamber which contains its collection of 19th century furniture. Plans are currently being developed for the site to accommodate a range cultural, social and civic events.
ACCESS: Limited mobility, all ages