Dolby Atmos Mixing Masterclass with Nick Rives
5501 US-30, Fort Wayne, IN 46818, USA
Discover the fundamentals of Dolby Atmos technology with Grammy-nominated recording engineer Nick Rives at Sweetwater Studios, brought to you by PMC Audio. Immerse yourself in Sweetwater’s world-class Dolby Atmos mix room as you explore techniques to create a professional-level soundscape.
• Mixing in Dolby Atmos and adopting workflows and best practices
• Fundamentals of the Dolby Atmos technology
• Mixing in Dolby Atmos: workflows and best practices
• Working with artists to actualize their vision in the immersive space
• Creative intention and the technology/artistry relationship
• Creating deliverables for majors labels and Apple/DSPs
• In-depth Question and Answer session
MEET NICK RIVES
Grammy-nominated engineer Nick Rives is joining forces with UK loudspeaker manufacturer PMC to deliver a series of seminars where he will share his extensive knowledge of mixing music in the Dolby Atmos immersive format.
Rives, who was Grammy-nominated in the Best R&B Album category for recording Gregory Porter’s album All Rise, is currently Director of Audio Engineering Universal Music Group (UMG). Prior to UMG, Nick spent ten years at Capitol Studios. There he was an integral member of a team that led the internationally acclaimed facility to the forefront of Dolby Atmos music mixing with two PMC-equipped Atmos reference studios. Rives undertook his first Dolby Atmos music project in 2017 when he mixed REM’s Automatic For The People. Since then, he has tackled Atmos mixes for artists such as Billie Eilish, boy genius, Bob Marley, Pearl Jam, James Blake, Eminem, FINNEAS, and Glass Animals, to name a few.
This listing has no upcoming events