#BPM2020CLT Nonprofit & Funder Networking Event
Charlotte, NC, USA
This August, SHARE Charlotte is partnering with New Generation of African American Philanthropists (NGAAP), as well as The National Pan-Hellenic Council of Charlotte, My Brother’s Keeper Charlotte, and YMCA of Greater Charlotte, to help champion #BPM2020CLT - Charlotte's local celebration of Black Philanthropy Month. We have been working with NGAAP on this collaborative initiative since late last year.
#BPM2020CLT will celebrate Black giving in Charlotte-Mecklenburg and will feature Charlotte's Black-led, Black-benefitting nonprofit community, profiling who they are, why their work matters and how our community can support them. #BPM2020CLT will culminate with a concerted giving day on August 28 called #CLTGivesBlack - Charlotte's local version of the third annual black giving day celebrated nationally as Give 8/28.
This virtual event (August 5, 12-1:30pm) will bring together Charlotte's Black-led, Black-benefitting nonprofit leaders and local funders and philanthropists (both institutional and individual) for an intentional program focused on the importance of supporting Black philanthropy in Charlotte. The goal of this event is to learn together and begin to build new relationships.
Noon - 12:40pm - Welcome & Opening Remarks (Valaida Fullwood), followed by panel discussion moderated by Charles Thomas. Panelists include:
- Will Alston, Individual Philanthropist and Managing Director, Well Fargo
- Jada Grandy-Mock, Senior Vice President, Director of Regional Community & Economic Development, Fifth Third Bank
- John Stokes, CRA and Community Development, Truist
- Keysha Walker Taylor, Chair, African American Community Foundation
12:40 - 1:30pm - Nonprofit time to meet funders (in individual funder-hosted Zoom rooms)
- Nonprofits have been provided a digital program that includes a list of all participating funders, what they invest in and the rooms they are in.
- Nonprofits can navigate through Zoom rooms as they choose until event concludes at 1:30pm. If they want to go back to “home base” at any point, SHARE will be available on the main Zoom link to answer any questions.
- At 1:30pm, Zoom room hosts may close their sessions (we will not be bringing the group back together)
We look forward to virtually hosting you!
This listing has no upcoming events
#CLTGivesBlack Networking & Prep Event