Ayurveda and Mindful Eating Workshop
1030 N Alvarado St, Los Angeles, CA 90026, USA
In a world surrounded by diet culture and body obsession, finding sanity around what and how we eat can be an uphill battle. And often, we struggle with our relationship to our food choices and our bodies. In this workshop, we will take a personalized, compassionate, and holistic approach to this topic.
We'll learn about the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and reclaim our health using Ayurvedic principles and nutrition. According to Ayurveda, each human being has a different Dosha. In this workshop, you'll discover a deeper and evolving understanding of your Dosha and how you can use food as medicine to make impactful changes in your life.
The second element to this workshop is dedicated to the practice of Mindful Eating. Mindful eating is simply eating with awareness. When we understand why we eat and how we eat, we become more intentional with our food choices. Instead of relying on external ways to guide us how to eat, we'll cultivate our inner body wisdom to eat and nourish our body in a way that’s truly satisfying. No matter what our goals are, eating mindfully helps us build real, lasting, and meaningful changes to our eating habits.
Everyone can benefit from applying Ayurveda & Mindful Eating in their lives. The effects can be profound and extend in ways we might be surprised to find. Come with an open mind, bring a friend, and let's discover a new relationship with food and a new way of taking care of ourselves.
What to expect
We'll start with a casual and open discussion where you'll learn to:
- Discover and demystify the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda
- Learn a deep understanding of your unique Dosha and Ayurvedic principles in how to navigate our modern world
- Discover Mindful Eating and how to become more present and intentional in your food choices
- Reconnect with your body's innate hunger and fullness signals
- Gain practical ways to practice Mindful Eating and Ayurvedic principles to nourish your mind, body, and spirit
We'll end with a Mindful Eating + Ayurveda eating exercise where we'll get to practice together eating mindfully and growing a deeper connection and appreciation with our food and body.
Samarasa Center is a yoga, pilates, and meditation studio and a beautiful space that invites a welcoming energy to inspire connection, community, and spirituality. We'll have blankets and refreshments to get you cozied up and comfortable.
Who we are
This event is co-led and created with love by:
- Olivia Stumpf, yoga and ayurvedic teacher &
- Kyna Payawal, co-founder of Nourish, an upcoming mindful and intuitive eating community initiative
We're so excited to meet you. See you there!
This listing has no upcoming events