Abbey's Kitchen Stadium: Battle Two
722 College Street, Toronto, ON M6G 1C2, Canada
**PLEASE NOTE LOCATION* The event is at MOD CLUB 722 College St W (NOT Bickford Park)
Abbey's Kitchen Stadium (AKS) is a celebration of Toronto’s vibrant food culture that brings together the city’s hottest restaurant, food truck and pop-up vendor chefs to raise money for local food initiative, My Food My Way. AKS has been modeled after the popularity of reality Food Network competition programs such as Chopped, Iron Chef, and Top Chef. It combines the already proven successful model of a casual pop-up party, with the diner interaction and entertainment quality of an action-packed cooking competition.
Battle One was a HUGE success, so you do NOT want to miss out this time! Check out the #foodporn packed blog post here:
This is how it works:
- At each event, there will be a secret ingredient chosen that will be revealed when you show up to the event.
- Four Toronto culinary superstars will each prepare two dishes that showcase the chosen ingredient, and you will have the chance to purchase whatever your heart desires for $5 per item. Delicious Sam Adams beer, Rosewood wine and 40 Creek & Dillons cocktails will also be available throughout the duration of the event for $6.
- Beginning at 2:30 PM, chefs will be invited one at a time to present their dish to the three celebrity judges on the stadium stage. The judges will provide appropriate commentary and evaluate the dishes on taste, presentation, and originality.
- Meanwhile, all of this action will be filmed and projected live onto a large screen for guests to watch, between which DJ Michael Anthony will be providing entertainment. There will also be food product gift baskets and restaurant gift certificates being raffled off!
- After each of the three consecutive battles, a winning chef will be selected to move onto the championship battle. The final “wild card” competitor for the championship battle will be selected by YOU via an online poll.
Battle Two Chefs:
Andres Marquez/Howard Dubrowsky of Fonda Lola
Rodney Bowers of Hey Meatball & Food Network
Peter Ramsay of the NEW Geraldine
Jesse Vallins of The Saint
Battle Two Judges:
Trish Magwood (Food Network, Celebrity Cookbook Author)
Mike Chalut (Proud FM, TV Actor)
Vita Chambers (Pop Star Recording Artist of Hit Song "Fix You")
Maggie McKeown (Food Network Judge)
Secret Ingredient Judge
Forty Creek Whisky
Battle Two Secret Ingredient:
Um... it’s a secret? But for those with food restrictions, please know the ingredient itself is vegetarian, dairy free and gluten free (the prepared dishes, however, may or may not be).
Salt Gourmet Foods
The Tea Emporium
Branding & Buzzing
NOTE: This is a 19+ event.
Online tickets are sold for $10. Any residual tickets will be sold at the door for $15- but there is NO guarantee of any door sales. Tickets are transferable but not refundable.
A portion of all ticket profits & food sales will be donated to My Food My Way.
This listing has no upcoming events
Food & Drink