2021 ISSOL Meeting
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
ISSOL, the International Society for the Study of the Origin of Life, will host an interim virtual meeting October 18th to 22nd, 2021. ISSOL, the premier society for Origins of Life research boasts more than 500 members representing over 20 countries in disciplines ranging from astronomy to molecular biology.
This exciting meeting will feature diverse speakers from around the world on topics related to the most recent research regarding the origin and emergence of life on Earth and beyond. Speakers were selected by the Scientific Organizing Committee to represent the wide range of scientific approaches to these questions. The meeting will also host two contributed poster sessions which will allow ALL attendees to share their work with the community in an interactive virtual environment. Poster abstracts should be submitted with this form along with payment.
Meeting session themes will include:
1. Solar systems, Exoplanets, and meteorites
2. The early Earth: Environmental condition and early organic molecules
3. Chemical evolution towards the transition of life, including the role of minerals
4. Self-organization and prebiotic molecular systems
5. Lipids, compartments, and early metabolism
6. Nucleic acids, peptides, and other polymers, and their function in early stages of life
7. Evolution: before and after LUCA, towards competition, cooperativity, and complexity
The fee for attendance is $20 USD for ISSOL members and students, and $40 for non-members. To obtain the ISSOL discount, please consider joining ISSOL at www.issol.org. ISSOL will consider hardship registration fee waivers for students and post-docs. Such requests should be directed to email@example.com.
***Abstract submission will remain open until 5 pm EST October 11th, 2021, and an abstract book will be circulated to all registrants via their registered email address. ***
Session times and speaker names appear below.
This listing has no upcoming events